We Couldn’t Do It Without You!
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at our sale! We know it would be impossible to run such a large community event without lots of help from fellow moms and dads!
In return for working at least 6 hours over the week of the sale, volunteers are invited to shop before the general public and two hours before the consignors at a private preview sale held on Friday. But more than that, volunteers enjoy a fun working environment, lots of “grown-up time” with fellow parents and even some fellowship over light refreshments! We strive to make the sale a fun event – even when we’re working hard!
What To Expect
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for your shift. You will receive a name tag, an apron, and some training for your job assignment.
- When you arrive at the church to work on Thursday, Friday or Saturday, please park in the church parking lot, accessible from Ramsey Street, and not the small lot next to the Family Life Center.
- If you’re volunteering during sale hours (Friday, 5 to 9 p.m. or Saturday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.) you are welcome to bring sling babies who can be happily worn for the duration of your shift.
- For all other shifts, children are not allowed. You are welcome to bring your children with you when you shop!
- Please leave valuables at home, or locked in your trunk. We do not have a safe place to store them while you work.
- Thursday volunteers and Saturday afternoon volunteers should dress for the weather, as part of your job may be to carry things in from consignors’ cars, or carry them out after the sale.
- All volunteers should dress comfortably. For safety, please avoid wearing open-toed shoes.
- We will have light refreshments for all volunteers.
- There are restrooms, diaper-changing facilities, and quiet nursing spots for your convenience.
Time To Shop!
- When you come to shop on Friday afternoon, please feel free to park in the FLC parking lot.
- If you haven’t yet received your volunteer shopping pass, check in at the volunteer desk to get one.
- All volunteers will be admitted for shopping at the same time, so there is no advantage to arriving before more than 15 minutes prior to volunteer shopping.
- At 3 p.m., we will all gather in the gym for a quick prayer, then begin shopping. Those interested in large items can go to the cafeteria once shopping has started.
- In order to keep volunteer shopping an intimate and special event, only volunteers and their children will be admitted to the volunteer pre-sale. Spouses, friends, mothers and others will not be admitted unless they have also volunteered the requisite six hours.